What do you mean you don’t collect a deposit for your labor?
We do not receive any payment until the job is complete. Once a customer has agreed to the estimate, we ask that a signed copy of the estimate along with a material check in the amount quoted on the estimate, and your color selection be placed in an envelope and mailed to our home office. No other payment is required until the exterior painting job is finished and you are 100% satisfied.
Why do you claim to have the best written warranty in Central Indiana?
Our standard warranty for one coat is 3 years, labor and material included. The warranty is valid for 5 years if we apply two coats. Most painting companies in Central Indiana and beyond offer one- or two-year warranties that they rarely service – and they almost never put these warranties in writing. Our warranties on exterior painting are in writing and fully transferable. No nonsense. Unconditional.
Why do you claim you have the absolute best prices?
Risk-Free Painting guarantees to beat any reputable painter’s price providing they are offering to do the same work and are using the same or comparable materials. If, within 30 days of the date above, a contractor with quality material and workmanship of equal specifications offers to perform the work specified for less than the amount stated here, Risk-Free Painting will match their price plus pay you $150 to let us do the work.
What are some important things I should know before you start my paint job?
We have the following general recommendations that our customers should keep in mind prior to and during their paint job.
- Please remove any items that are in the work area, such as planters, decorative objects, flags, hoses, etc. Balcony furniture must be removed. We will move patio furniture if requested.
- Plants and hedges need to be trimmed to 18 inches from the home in working areas. Please have this completed before we start your home.
- On power wash day, windows and doors must be closed and locked so there isn’t any chance of water getting into the house. After the power wash is done, please be aware that there will be water spots on the windows. This is unavoidable. Please do not clean your windows until we are completely finished with your home.
- Windows and doors need to be left open on days they are painted. You can close them before retiring for the night. We will work with you to schedule the best time that this can be done. We prefer a day that someone can be home by 4pm.
What are some important things I should know once my paint job is complete?
We have the following general recommendations to help our customers care for their new paint job.
- When the paint has dried to the touch, you can put items back in place. Do not put items back that will lean against the new paint. Wait as long as possible before placing items in contact with the paint.
- Do not walk on or put anything on painted/stained exterior floors or stairs for 48 hours.
- Keep windows and doors open as long as possible, so they do not stick shut. If you close them at night, open them as soon as possible the next day.
- Keep dirt and mildew away by lightly washing off any that may accumulate.
- The #1 problem of any good paint job is moisture – it will cause peeling. We will leave you extra paint for touch ups as needed. The most important thing is to keep the wood covered.